Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Imaginary Posse Reunion!

Yep, the "bi-polar pop" of Imaginary Posse will be blasting through the speakers of Mike n' Molly's once more on Saturday, June 23rd, 2007. Listed start time is 8PM, and I'm guessing there'll be some other bands on this bill to join them.


For those who missed out on seeing them back in the early 2000's, Imaginary Posse arose from the ashes of another group, Chuck Moody, that comprised of Joe Donhowe (vocals, gutiars, etc), and future Posse band mates Bob Henne and Kevin Cahill. Imaginary Posse's first album is a sort of electronic sound collage experimental project. This self-titled release came out under Donhowe's own Petrahof label.

He was eventually joined by David Domal (drums), Bob Henne (bass), Brian Robertson (keyboards), Kevin Cahill (guitar) and Deb Domal (backing vocals, etc). This changed the sound of the group exponentially, making it more of an alterna-pop collective. This group self-released an EP titled "32 Chester."

Next up was the full-length album "Previously Unreleased," which is pictured above. This was self-released in 2000 on the Pirtdab Records label. It's the group's most polished effort, and sadly, their last. You can check out a few tracks from that release on their MySpace page, linked above. Kevin and Deb stepped back in their duties over time, and the band added Isaac Hensleigh on guitar. This line-up lasted through the group's demise in early 2002.

At this point, Dave Domal and Brian Robertson went on with Mark Starr to form Some Velvet Morning, Hensleigh started up Solips with one of his brothers, and Bob Henne played in FeED. Donhowe started Emotional Rec Club with Jason Milam, Derek Niedringhaus, and Kevin Cahill. The line up of that band eventually saw Niedringhaus exit, and Aaron McAllister enter on bass with other small variations along the way.

Enough with the history lesson, just go see 'em on the 23rd... they're a blast.

3 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, June 07, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

http://www.myspace.com/chuckmoody

 
At 10:43 AM, August 29, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you would think that someone living in Champaign and that managed to nail down the "Champaign of Blogs" name would keep it a little more up to date. Or not.

 
At 8:15 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger greymatter said...

Ooooh a bitter blog comment! Daggers in my heart! *laughs*

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but I do have an actual life that takes presidence over my net presence. I appreciate the readership, believe me, but this a) pays me nothing and b) is not a big ego tripping ventrue to get me all kinds of publicity around town. If it was, I'd put my name on it. I simply want to call attention to things that interest me in and around C-U. The fact that I was clever enough to put the name together and start writing doesn't mean that this is the eminent place for C-U news, however. Hence, the links I post on the right hand side of the page are there to fill in the blanks.

Again, thanks for visiting. If anyone feels they would like to be a contributing writer for the site, let me know. I would have editorial control over the posts, but as Chuck Koplinski can attest, I generally post your contribution as is and give full authorial credit. No pay, of course, but exposure is exposure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter