Friday, October 06, 2006

Bloggin' On The Weeklies And Other Assorted Love Songs

Oh, Hub, this is a travesty, isn't it? Truly a case of the baby getting thrown out with the Kitchen Sync water. And all this talk of a "hiatus," well, according to insiders, I wouldn't put much stock into it. The offices that the Hub called home already have the paper's name scraped off the doors. I'll pour out a bottle of wine from Jim Gould's wine cellar on your grave. On second thought, you lived young and fast... better make it a bottle of Night Train!

The BUzz has morphed into Nicodemus Central, which is much to the chagrin of OpeningBlands.com. Talk about airing dirty laundry...this is just funny. And, yes Mike, you and Kayla are better than Everclear. Let's hear some Guns & Roses!

Coulter cracks my funny bone yet again, but be damned that he's a Cardinal fan. I wore a San Diego Padres hat around town just to be contrary. It's my nature! Where the hell is Don Gerard when I need him!?!! There is no Acoustic Blog to make me feel better about my Cub fandom. Well, at least Koplinski knows where the action's at, right Chuck? Thanks again for your contributions... now, if I could just get Doug Hoepker to write some record reviews for me... whaddaya say, buddy? I got a copy of Sam's Town that needs a figurative trashing! Or a copy of Okonokos that you can lavish with praise! You know you're crazy!!!!! Oooooh chillllld.... whoops, a little too much G n' R on the playlist.

Little Blog On The Prairie is on Wordpress now, and has got all the dope info on various business happenings, such as all that M2 craziness. 69th Issue has been quiet lately....

Well, it's almost time for happy hour, so I'll leave you with this, a public service announcement from The Poster Children.



Happy tailgating or tail-getting, if you're lucky!

3 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, October 06, 2006, Blogger thenoiseboy said...

Who's Doug Hoepker?

 
At 10:26 AM, October 09, 2006, Blogger OpeningBlands said...

Historically - and without exception - the Cubs have always excelled in the second half of the first decade of the century.

Too many questions muck up next season, but I say we win it all in '08 (again).

 
At 3:38 PM, October 09, 2006, Blogger Hon Don Gerard said...

Great.

First no Hub, then I don't get invited to the blooger hookup and now somebody nicks my "first half of the century" spiel.

Apparently, this town no longer has any practical use for me.

Nothing to do now but run for Mayor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter