Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Second Impression

This week has seen a reuniting of sorts between a handful of peeps from the last go-round of the great CU Blogoshpere Meet-Up from August. On Tuesday I managed to meet up at Esquire with Kyoshi, Bambenek (and his wife), Matt's World Matt, and RFTTP's Kyle, and Thursday I had a get together with Jeff from WILL (the reporter who interviewed some at the August gathering).

The company was definitely great on Tuesday, but it was a shame that more folks couldn't make it out. The conversation was lively and varied wildly from politics to the Chief issue and slamming Varble for not coming out and buying that much anticipated "round of drinks" that he promised from August. We're still waiting, Matt, and we even sat in the non-smoking section just for you. ;-)

Thursday brought a swapping of Wilco concert CD's with WILL's Jeff Bossert, and generally solid conversation with someone who I was meeting for the second time in over 3 months. Nothing like a little cheap beer and music to open up the dialogue, right? I'm a little verbose after a few beers, but I don't think he minded... and besides he's getting a gmail account out of it. *laughs*

Finally, I will be returning next with my usual critiques of the weekly rags and the surprisingly highly-requested Office Space: Special Edition review. Til then, stay out of the cold, and submit your recipe for egg nog, because I'm gonna make a go at brewing a batch. Seriously! I also reccomend checking out some Henry Rollins spoken word albums... especially Think Tank, The Boxed Life, and A Rollins In The Wry.

3 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, December 05, 2005, Blogger schreinervideo said...

I'd like to attend one of these but I didn't know it was happening. Was it posted somewhere?

schreinervideo.blogspot.com

 
At 2:41 PM, December 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it was sent via email to bloggers who atteneded the last one, and to a few others. I'll see that your name is included on the next round, Ken.

 
At 3:18 PM, December 05, 2005, Blogger schreinervideo said...

Thanks. I know a lot of people have started and ended blogging since then but I have no intentions of quitting. And I enjoy reading the local blogs more than watching the local news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter