Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Blogger Bash Review - Not For the Faint Of Ears!

It was a good turn-out for the first ever CU Blogosphere Meet-Up, even if some of the more vociferous among us (IP, Varble) didn't show up. LBOTP didn't make it either. But a roll call of those who did:

Scibal Terror
It's Matt's World
Lone Tree on the Prairie (aka Prairie Biker)
Hey...Listen!
The Ravings of John C. A. Bambenek
Exploding Aardvark
Jason Barickman (IlliniPundit.com contributing writer
Edna Million
Swag Blog
The Champaign of Blogs

Needless to say, having WILL and WCIA show up did NOT change the fact that we were all going to sit around and drink. It was funny that the media people were expecting some heated political banter. My favorite comment from those proceedings comes from Scribal Terror...

"Actually, the radio guy said they were having technical problems they would have to resolve before they could air any of our interviews, and I said, Oh, you must have to take all the fucks out, and Prairie Biker said if you take all the fucks out there won't be any bloggers left."

There was not a shortage of colorful commentary.

Another highlight was when the WILL guy tried to use not-so-subtle tricks to get me to reveal my name. I was like, well, some call me Anon Y. Mous, or just Anon, or my readers might know me as greymatter. The WILL guy and I hit it off anyways, because he's a huge Big Lebowski fan, and a big Office Space fan. And he's a baseball guy (Cubs) so, we were pals by the end of the night. But alas, I was elusive in providing an interview.

All in all, it was a fun night, and I think I can speak for Hey...Listen, Bambenek, Prairie Biker, and Swag when I say that it was unfortunate that PB's picture phone didn't have a flash! No word on any actual "illegal dumping," however.

8 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger prairie biker said...

I am so disappointed in my camera phone.

 
At 12:58 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger greymatter said...

I think those of us who witnessed it will not soon forget it, thankfully!

But like John said, next time, we need to have a digital camera around, just in case... *laughs*

 
At 1:01 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Gail said...

Greymatter, so nice to meet you. Your blog is a great local resource and I love your writing. Let's all keep in touch because we drink well together.

 
At 2:01 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger greymatter said...

Sounds good to me, gail!

 
At 2:31 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger prairie biker said...

hey greymatter, if you really want to know more about KofP, email me and I'll zag you my cell #

 
At 3:12 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger Matthew said...

I'm sorry I missed the whole toilet / sign thing. Sounds hilarious!

 
At 3:33 PM, August 10, 2005, Blogger greymatter said...

Oh yeah, the toilet/sign thing would have been the top story on WCIA had they stuck around *laughs* By far the funniest event of the night.

 
At 7:40 PM, August 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with the toilet sign? Eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter