Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pygmalion Music Festival - You heard it here 1st!

This just in, a reliable source has just informed me of a music festival coming to town (brought together by Seth Fein and friends). It's going under the name Pygmalion. I know... it's about the weirdest name I've heard, too. Hopefully the bands will make up for it. You're probably wondering what Pygmalion refers to, so here you go! (thanks to accel-team)
An ancient myth

Magic certainly was involved in the ancient myth from which the idea of the self-fulfilling prophecy takes its other common name. As Ovid told the story in the tenth book of Metamorphoses, the sculptor Pygmalion, a prince of Cyprus, sought to create an ivory statue of the ideal woman.

The result which he named Galatea, was so beautiful that Pygmalion fell desperately in love with his own creation. He prayed to the goddess Venus to bring Galatea to life. Venus granted his prayer and the couple lived happily ever after.

I can see the t-shirts now... "I gorged myself at the Pyg!" "Music so good, you'll be happier than a Pyg in stink!" etc. And if I see any of these shirts... I'm suing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counter
Free Counter